INOVINTA’s focus is to foster and attract innovative ideas that engage technology, engineering, manufacturing, marketing and distribution to create products and services that will fundamentally change and improve industrial processes. Our goal is to develop breakthrough products and services that deliver efficiencies and cost-reductions in processes and enhances safety and sustainability.
Our Research and Development team is made up of talented, creative problem solvers, developers, and visionaries. A combination of strong client focus, industrial trouble-shooting skills, and a drive to continuously improve safety, predictability, and profitability in mining makes our team tick.
INOVINTA is a growing organization that is focused on recruiting and retaining top-caliber talent and we are currently seeking a bright, talented, and ambitious leader for the following role:
Our software developers are responsible for creating software for both internal and external clients. They will perform all aspects of development from requirements gathering to training end-users. On large-scale projects, they are part of a team working under a team lead and a project manager. On smaller projects, they may perform independently throughout the entire software life cycle. Developers will participate in estimation, proposal creation, requirements gathering, programming, testing, and documentation while delivering software solutions.
Responsible for support system design, programming, as well as testing and implementation:
- Develop logical and physical specifications.
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and improve the support software solution.
- Write, modify, integrate, and test software code, ensuring the highest quality.
- Assist in the planning and the design of product installation, integration and operation of products and services.
- Develop data, process, and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs.
- Administer and manage various information system infrastructure such as bug tracking and source code management.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
Monitoring System Performance
Provide assistance for monitoring operating systems and networks which are supported by an SLA or are owned and operated by INOVINTA.
- Review and document client systems performance and operations as per requirements for the implemented software solution.
- Testing of new installations and builds.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions.
- Ensure all documentation is completed properly, according to deadlines and stored and/or delivered appropriately.
- Collect and compile data and prepare reports on daily basis or according to scope of work, schedules, budgets and specifications.
- Keep detailed documentation of client’s systems, software versions and disaster recovery solutions.
Responsible for ensuring proper commissioning and project transfer procedures are followed from the commissioning stage to the support SLA stage.
- Ensure the successful installation of software, ensuring functionality and client education.
- Consult with team members in the planning, design and development, installation, integration and operation of the products or computer-based systems.
- Communicate with clients, troubleshooting and resolving technical problems.
- Ensure all project documentation is properly completed, delivered and stored.
Responsible for contributing to organizational improvement on an on-going basis.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products, identifying potential opportunities for INOVINTA.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions that will enhance INOVINTA products or services.
Personal Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent training and experience.
- Experience with WCF or similar communication framework.
- Experience with source control tools.
- IT knowledge of networks, servers, and hardware.
- General knowledge of mining and mining processes.
- General knowledge of process control.
- Strong comprehensive knowledge of at least one of the following development technologies and working knowledge of several others: C#.NET, ASP.NET MVC, VB.NET, etc.
- Database design and strong working experience developing with either Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle.
- Comprehensive knowledge of application architecture, design patterns, and development methodologies/frameworks.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills for both team collaboration and external clients.
- Self-motivated, positive, and able to focus on delivering ‘On Spec, On Time, On Budget.
INOVINTA offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We are proud of and continuously thrive to improve our employee culture, and value an equitable and balanced life/work approach.
We invite applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. INOVINTA offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of our career posting, please contact Human Resources at (705) 419-2620. All responses are appreciated and will be handled with strict confidence. Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted and candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.